Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 45: Curim Gold Celtic Wheat Beer



Name: Curim Gold Celtic Wheat Beer
Brewer: Carlow Brewing Co. (County Carlow, Ireland)
Classification: American Pale Wheat Ale
Alcohol: 4.3%

Thoughts: This is another Carlow Brewing beer and if you remember my parents brought me a few beers back from Ireland on the recommendation of my Irish cousins. Well this is Carlow's attempt at a Wheat Beer. This well-carbonated brew pours a ravishingly beautiful straw gold with an off-white head. The smell is something of an enigma. On my first few whiffs I got nothing at all. It was plain and unoriginal, but when the beer warmed and I had had a few sips I got banana peel and warm bread. I thought that it was strange that the smell changed so much. The mouthfeel is terrific, it is thin, soft and crisp. The fact that this was a pale wheat ale meant that there was going to be the obvious bitter dryness and soft sweetness. However, I also got some caramel and honey. It was quite nice and wonderfully balanced all around. It seemed like it would be a really nice beer to sit outside on a cool evening and watch the sunset. Well, that is because that is what I did with it and I really enjoyed myself, and more importantly the beer. 

Rating: 82/100


No comments:

Post a Comment