Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 32: La Fin Du Monde



Name: La Fin Du Monde
Brewer: Unibroue (Chambly, Quebec, Canada)
Classification: Tripel
Alcohol: 9%

Thoughts: Unibroue is one of Canada's top breweries, maybe even the best. They have a number a beers that I want to try and will try for this blog. But I wanted to start with the beer that is French for "The End of the World". Thank you NC State French Department. This is an Abbey Tripel style beer. Remember, earlier in the blog I discussed how these beers are made by Belgian Monks who spend their whole lives brewing beer. Well, leave it to a Canadian brewery, make that a French-Canadian brewery, to make a great Tripel. This beer pours a beautiful hazy yellow-orange with a thin white head. The most present note in the smell is grapes, like a white wine. I also smelled pepper, clove, and sweetness. This is such a complex aroma you have to smell it for yourself. When I taste a craft beer I want it to be ferocious and thought-provoking. This beer is exactly that. The beginning of this taste is fruity and carbonated and it jumps out at you. The spice and the alcohol come on strong during the finish. I want to drink this on a cold winter night, sitting next to a fire under the moon, while hanging out with my best friends. That is where this brew took me. This is an imaginative beer that really made me ponder a lot of things. I am totally babbling right now, but La Fin Du Monde is unlike any other beer I've had and such a fantastic drink. 

Rating: 95/100


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I think we have this at our neighborhood packy. I will have to get some!

    ReplyDelete