Monday, July 9, 2012

Day 366: Pabst Blue Ribbon


Name: Pabst Blue Ribbon
Brewer: Pabst Brewing Co. (Woodridge, IL)
Classification: American Adjunct Lager
Alcohol: 4.74%

Thoughts: If ever there was a Nectar of the Gods this is it. Pabst Select won the Blue Ribbon at the 1893 World's Fair in Chicago for "America's Best Beer" and became Pabst Blue Ribbon. It's like when that man won the Super Award at the Krypton County Fair and became Superman. Since then it has not only remained America's Best Beer, it is the Universe's Best Beer, including Krypton. PBR is my life blood. I shit you not. I drink whenever I can and it brings me joy every freakin' time! It's the Santa Claus' of beer! I know that there are some skeptics out there who may think I am being sarcastic or that it is in fact a crap beer, but I don't joke about PBR (check out the rating below). PBR is more than look, smell or taste. It is more than its iconic label or can. It is the cerebral, surreal feeling I get when I drink it. Some of my greatest memories involve PBR ... among other things. I purposely saved it for the last and final day of The Beer Year because I  honestly love this beer more than any other beer I have had over the past year. I wanted to make sure it stood up to the test before I proclaimed my undying love and admiration for it. Some may see this as rambling, but I see it as my "Ode de la PBR". 

Rating: 100/100

1 comment: