Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 339: Heineken


Name: Heineken
Brewer: Heineken Nederland (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Classification: Euro Pale Lager
Alcohol: 5%

Thoughts: Heineken holds a warm spot in my Beer Heart. I had my first one when I was 18 in Ireland in a tiny town north of Dublin called Howth. Howth is single handedly the most beautiful place in the world in my eyes. I also had plenty of them when I was Amsterdam during a Spring Break trip. In both cases Heineken was just perfect. It was cold, crisp, refreshing and tasted great. However, I shouldn't really count the Amsterdam ones since I was high out of mind the entire time so the taste was probably "enhanced" a bit. My history with Heineken doesn't end there. A few years ago I really wanted to get one of their DraughtKeg Beertenders. I was never able to buy one because I was a poor college student. Then on my wedding day, a few minutes before it started, I got a card brought to me by my brother from my soon-to-be wife. She had bought me one as a wedding gift to me and it would be waiting for me at our apartment after the wedding was over. I've only used a couple of times, but it is pretty awesome. I have an awesome wife! I'm not actually going to review the beer, but I'll just say it is so-so in the States and really good in Europe. 

Rating: 75/100


No comments:

Post a Comment