Friday, June 15, 2012

Day 342: Stiegl Pils



Name: Stiegl Pils
Brewer: Stiefelbrauerei zu Salzberg (Salzberg, Austria)
Classification: German Pilsner
Alcohol: 4.9%

Thoughts: Wow, twist off... for a European beer that's sad! At least there's a somewhat bottle code on it, reading 03121 so not sure if that means drink by march 2012, or something else. I hope not, its freaking June! And green bottle... come on! I'm not expecting much from this with all that jazz! Pours a bright, clear golden-yellow color, topped with just over a finger of foamy pearl-white head. Smell is a bit floral, I can detect malt and yeast, and some floral notes, and a touch of grass. The taste is much sweeter than I expected, almost like apple juice. That's a huge distance from a traditional pilsner. Green apples, honey and some floral notes. It finishes malty, like a honey wheat bread. Overall a rather delectable, very European style of beer. I rather liked it. It has my recommendation. 

Rating: 82/100


No comments:

Post a Comment