Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 357: Heavy Seas Brewery Tour


I was up in Baltimore this weekend for a wedding and had some free time Saturday morning. My first thought was Brewery Tour. And since we were in Baltimore it seemed that Heavy Seas was the best choice. I invited along my brother-in-law and his girlfriend. My wife was part of the wedding party and was unavailable to go. The three of us drove down to the Southern part of Baltimore at 10:30 for the 11:00 tour. The tour is free, but you can pay $5 for a the glass you see above and 5 samples. They had 7 different beers on tap, but I have had most of them, so I started with something I was dying to try. They had the oak-casked version of Dubbel Cannon. It was simply amazing. Next I tried their Gold Ale, which was very nice. At this time they called for the tour to begin so I filled my glass with Peg Leg, their sweet stout. Man was it good! As you know I don't drink stouts often, but this one was so drinkable and smooth I could have had a six-pack. I took this on the tour with me which lasted about a half hour and was really interesting to see how a bigger craft brewery operates.



Most brewery tours I have been on have 3-6 Fermenting Vessels. Heavy Seas has 17! Freaking 17! They also showed us all the casks they have fermenting which was another 30-40 in number. This place was what I would love to eventually have. It would take a lot and business is not my strong suit, but it would incredible to achieve one day. We had a great time and I will put up more pictures once I get them from my future sister-in-law. I say this because she caught the bouquet later that night. Good luck guys! 





No comments:

Post a Comment