Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 340: Dark Horse Amber Ale




Name: Amber Ale
Brewer: Dark Horse Brewing Co. (Marshall, MI)
Classification: Amber Ale
Alcohol: 5.5%

Thoughts: This American Amber Ale reminds me more of a Belgian ale. It pours a dark orange tinted amber color with a moderate off-white head. It smells of peach and Belgian yeast. It is not one that I would have recognized as an Amber Ale smell. Taste-wise it keeps me coming back. There is a taste of spicy pepper, clean citrus, and fruity banana. There is a light hoppiness and sweetness to this as well. There is a moderate to fine carbonation that lasts. Overall this is a great beer at a reasonable price. Dark Horse is a new brewery to me but I really would like to try more of theirs. I would really like to try these beers fresh from the brewery if I'm ever in Marshall, Michigan. 

Rating: 82/100


No comments:

Post a Comment