Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 352: Porkslap Pale Ale


Name: Porkslap Pale Ale
Brewer: Butternuts Beer & Ale (Garrattsville, NY)
Classification: American Pale Ale
Alcohol: 4.3%

Thoughts: I know this is the thoughts section so I am going to give you some thoughts. I am just too damn tired of writing these freaking reviews night in and night out. I am! There, I said it! However, I need to soldier on through these next two weeks and complete this Bad Mamma Jamma. I drank this Porkslap out of the can, so I am unsure of the pour or head or lacing qualities it may provide. But I'm sure they are adequate. The smell was all malts. Light, crisp malts, but the hops were completely non-existent from the aroma. The first couple of sips were a bit metallic so I let it sit for a couple of minutes hoping it would warm up a bit and that taste would go away. It did. See there's one thing I learned over the year. The flavor is about the same as the aroma. It's on the sweet side with fairly feeble hop flavors. Heavy on the bread with some toasted malt notes and some ginger ones as well. Then a few citrus notes lead into a very faint hop bitterness. This is a good beer to drink when you are looking for something cheap, but interesting. It isn't great, but it gets the job done. 

Rating: 78/100


No comments:

Post a Comment