Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 349: Freedom American IPA


Name: Freedom American IPA
Brewer: Natty Greene's Brewery (Greensboro, NC)
Classification: American IPA
Alcohol: 6.2%

Thoughts: FFFFFRRRRRREEEEEEEEDDDDDDOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!
 I can imagine William Wallace screaming this right now as his intestines are being removed. However, this Amurika! Where Patriots don't get treaded upon and the President is a Freedom-Hating Muslim! Maybe Sarah Palin would receive the same fate for her country as Wallace if it meant showing how much she loves Freedom. I'd like to ask her that. Regardless of how much I hate the Tea Party I must not judge this beer for naming itself Freedom. By the way, dumb fucking name. This fairly new brew was drunk from the bottle as there was no glass available at the time, but I could probably make an educated guess as to what it looks like. The smell was moderately hoppy with very little citrus or grassy notes. The malts had more of an impact on the smell than I am use to with an IPA. The taste has a bit of grapefruit and grassy hops, but for the most part it was dry and bitter. And not in a good way. While this is a pretty decent beer I wish I could have it on tap. I think that would cure some of the issues I had with it. 

Rating: 77/100


No comments:

Post a Comment