Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 336: Stone IPA


Name: Stone IPA
Brewer: Stone Brewing Co. (Escondido, CA)
Classification: American IPA
Alcohol: 6.9%

Thoughts: I have seen more and more restaurants catching on with the "Craft Beer Craze" that is really taking hold of the US Beer Market. I love it because I can eat at most local restaurants and get a good beer with my dinner. Usually Stella Artois is the best I could get. At dinner I was able to order the glorious Stone IPA. I mean look at the picture above! It seems as if there is a holy glow peaking out from the golden sheen and foamy head that is this beer. The smell is tremendous! It has big, bold malts and deep, fruity hops that are of the upmost quality. The nose is so grand and intense that it tickled my sinuses. After a few nice solid gulps of this silky, smooth golden elixir I knew I was tasting a bit of heaven. It follows the structure of the nose with more sweet malts and tons of citrusy hops. There enough hops here to choke a whale, and they are the perfect amount of bitter. This is just an amazing IPA. I feel like Stone makes only amazing beers. It's kinda unfair to the rest of the breweries. 

Rating: 89/100


No comments:

Post a Comment