Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 354: Presidente



Name: Presidente
Brewer: Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana (Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic)
Classification: American Adjunct Lager
Alcohol: 5%

Thoughts: As The Beer Year is coming to a close I wanted to get some beers that either have important meaning to me or ones I just really want to try. Presidente is of the former. I went on a mission trip to the Dominican Republic when I was in college. I was in a tiny village in the mountains south of Puerto Plata building walls and what not during the day, and drinking this beer and playing dominoes at night. It was amazing to say the least. Up until that point in my life I was a bit of a fuck up, but it was during the consumption of this beer on that trip, looking out over a valley at sundown that I wanted to get my shit together. So in all honestly this beer isn't a great beer, probably mediocre at best. But sometimes it is the experience you have while drinking the beer that makes the memories, not the taste or the smell of the look of it. I'm sure every real beer drinker has a beer that they use to drink before they knew what they know now that gives them those feelings as I do with this one. What's yours?

Rating: 71/100


No comments:

Post a Comment