Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 356: Levitation Ale



Name: Levitation Ale
Brewer: Stone Brewing Co. (Escondido, CA)
Classification: Amber Ale 
Alcohol: 4.4%

Thoughts: I know, I know! Another Stone Brewing Co. Brew? Well, they make so many great beers. I envy their talent for brewing. And one quick note about Levitation Ale. While it says Amber Ale in the Classification section, I truly feel that this is an English IPA. It looks like one, it tastes like one and I honestly think it is one. Pours an amber to walnut colored body with reddish hues beneath the dense, tan head that slowly disappears to leave a thick, tacky lacing. Earthy hop aromas float from the glass, consisting of wood, pine, and citrus with secondary aromas of caramel malt. The flavor is a bit sweeter, focusing more on the caramel malt and citrus hops with the pine and woodnotes taking a back seat. It is an excellent beer. After 356 days I may have run out of things to say about beer. But this is simply excellent. 

Rating: 87/100


No comments:

Post a Comment