Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 21: Sea Dog Raspberry Wheat Ale




Name: Sea Dog Raspberry Wheat Ale
Brewer: Sea Dog Brewing (Camden, ME)
Classification: Fruit/Vegetable Wheat Ale
Alcohol: 4.5%

Thoughts: The other day when I went to the store to get some beers for the week I brought my wife Laura. I was in a good mood, as I usually am if I'm buying beer, and I thought I'd let her pick out a beer for me. I did this knowing she was going to pick a fruit beer or one in a pink bottle. Well, I was right. She picked this Raspberry Wheat Beer. I immediately felt girlie when I opened the bottle and the notes of raspberry came pouring out. So I tried to man up this brew with my mantastic beard glass, that my wife coincidentally also picked out. I expected it to pour a pinkish color, but it actually was more of a soft gold. You could see how carbonated this beer was as soon as the head settled. Because of the raspberry and wheat in the beer I expected it to taste like a pastry, and it did. A very stale, shitty pastry. This was an absolutely horrendous beer. I didn't drink enough of it to really get much from it to be truthful. I just couldn't handle it. This is last time I let Laura pick a beer for me, but she agreed it was shit. 

Rating: 41/100


No comments:

Post a Comment