Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 34: Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout



Name: Milk Stout
Brewer: Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery (Farmville, NC)
Classification: Milk Stout
Alcohol: 5.7%

Thoughts: Stouts. This is the word of the evening. I am most definitely not a stout person. Matter of fact, the only other time I have had a stout was a Guinness, at the Guinness Brewery in Dublin. I was 18 and I hated the ever-loving shit out of it. It was too much to handle for an inexperienced drinker. So, I thought now would be a great time to try one again. I choose Duck-Rabbit's Milk Stout because Duck-Rabbit specialize in dark beers and they are another amazing NC Craft Brewery. I think I waited an entire week without introducing a new NC Craft Brewery. So let's get cracking. This BAMF of a beer pours a pure black color with a tan head. You can sense from the pour that this beer has some density to it. The smell is slightly chocolate with hints of vanilla and coffee. The taste is something else! I rally did not expect what I got. The malts were smokey, the flavor was mixed with mocha and sweetness and there seemed to be some citrusy notes in there at some point in there. This thing was seriously complex and I am sure there were a number of other flavors. I couldn't yet finish the whole glass, but close. I will have to work my self up to being a stout guy, but that is the point of this blog. To try everything I can and learn everything I can. This Milk Stout certainly helped. 

Rating: 85/100


2 comments:

  1. Right, my good man. I'm going to want the milk stout boiled over hard, and your finest jelly beans- raw.

    They had this on tap at Mitch's Tavern and I think this is one of my favorite beers. Part of the reason might be that I'm so surprised that a NC stout is so delicious. Glad you're branching out to stouts now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can appreciate a good "It's Always Sunny" quote, especially when it pertains to beer!

    ReplyDelete