Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 198: Tilted Smile



Name: Tilted Smile
Brewer: Unita Brewing (Salt Lake City, UT)
Classification: Imperial Pilsner
Alcohol: 9% 

Thoughts: When I go to the store there a bunch of beers that I eyeball every time I go in and there are other beers that I contemplate buying but don't because of the price tag. Well, Tilted Smile is one of these beers I use to eyeball, and then I started picking it up and putting it back after second guessing myself. This time I didn't second guess myself. This Imperial Pilsner pours a radiant gold with an orange glow and a soft white head. The smell and taste both break away from the normal pilsner. It actually reminds me of a Belgian Pale Ale in many ways. The smell is full of yeast, orange zest and floral hops. The taste is a bit starchy, but the flood of pale malts, spicy yeast, sugary punch, and slight bitterness wash over the palate. This is a complete and full figured beer with a lot to offer. It may be a little too sweet for some, but it didn't cross the border into Toosweetland for me. I do have a slight negative knock on this beer. Usually as a beer warms the flavor gets better and more accessible. This beer gets a little too bitter and a little too tangy. This probably keeps the beer from making my Top 10. I need more Uinta though, cause these guys can brew! 

Rating: 90/100


No comments:

Post a Comment