Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 111: Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen





Name: Paulaner Oktoberfest Marzen
Brewer: Paulaner Brauerei (Munich, Germany)
Classification: Marzen
Alcohol: 6%

Thoughts: I have had Paulaner's Original Munich on, but now I am trying the Oktoberfest Marzen on the recommendation of a reader/commenter. So if you learn anything by reading this post, know that I will listen to your comments or suggestions. This Marzen poured a simple amber color with a great heavy head that floated on top. The aroma really showcased the Munich malts that are used to make this beer. They are bready and grainy and similar to dried corn. A few sips into this beer I realized it tasted really solid and familiar. I could tell that there was quality and tradition in this beer along with the  caramel, grain, and malty notes. I think this was a good suggestion and a really fine Marzen.

Rating: 83/100


No comments:

Post a Comment