Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 110: Post Road Pumpkin Ale



Name: Post Road Pumpkin Ale
Brewer: Brooklyn Brewery (Brooklyn, NY)
Classification: Pumpkin Ale
Alcohol: 5%

Thoughts: When I picked this up at the store I had no idea that it was brewed by Brooklyn Brewery. It was not until I started writing the blog today and I needed to find out who brews it that I discovered this. The label doesn't look like a Brooklyn label, but is it a Brooklyn brew? It pours a darker, yet clear orange color that is topped with a fizzy head. The nose on this beer is fairly mild with hints of the usual pumpkin ale suspects. Nothing new yet but I the taste is usually the distinguishing factor. The taste seems to be mimicking other Pumpkin Ales, not making the style it's own. It is kind of like Will Smith in Ali. He does an incredible job acting, but it is still Will Smith doing a Muhammad Ali impersonation. It should be like Jamie Foxx in Ray, where the acting is great but you truly believe you are watching Ray Charles in action. It is still on the good side of the Pumpkin Ale spectrum. 

Rating: 80/100

No comments:

Post a Comment