Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 106: Reissdorf Kölsch


Name: Reissdorf Kölsch
Brewer: Brauerei Heinrich Reissdorf (Koln, Germany)
Classification: Kölsch
Alcohol: 4.8%

Thoughts: The Wife and I went to Tyler's in Carrboro today which is the first time either of us have been there despite it being just down the street from UNC Chapel Hill where Laura went to school. It is   the same Tyler's as the one in Durham, just smaller in size and beer selection. Because of that I was left with only two options for this month's theme, and one of them was out. So I went with this, which is not featured at Oktoberfest, but it is German and therefore deemed appropriate for today's post. It was served in a lovely German pint glass with a lovely golden hue and a bubbly white head. It had a clean, bready aroma with whiffs of minty hops. Like most beers of this style it was smooth and very drinkable, but the taste was much more complex than I expected. It had pale, sweet malts that tasted slightly grainy and the hops were piney, dry and crisp. The flavors meshed together like ass and titties. This is the best kölsch I have had on the blog, which I feel is saying something because there have been some really good ones. I recommend this beer for pre-dinner drinks because of it's lightness and palate cleansing ability. 

Rating: 86/100

No comments:

Post a Comment