Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 90: Paulaner Original Munich



Name: Paulaner Original Munich
Brewer: Paulaner Brauerei (Munich, Germany)
Classification: Munich Helles Lager
Alcohol: 4.9%

Thoughts: Day 90! I am a 1/4 of the way through my year o' beer! Today I will be reviewing Paulaner, which is one of Munich's original breweries and is always represented at Oktoberfest. Their Original Munich is on tap today and I have heard good things about this beer although I have never had it before. This Munich Helles Lager pours a shiny yellowish gold with a thick, airy head. The nose on this beer is slightly fruity with crisp notes of grass and Pils malts. The taste is clean, clear and refreshing. There are notes of sweet malts, fruity hops and an overall feel that is exciting in a minimalistic way. The aftertaste is consistent which is important because sometimes a beer can change over the course of the drinking experience. This beer started out good and ended good. Danke Paulaner!

Rating: 83/100


1 comment:

  1. I've been drinking Paulaner Oktoberfest beer and it tastes good.

    ReplyDelete