Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 85: Harvest Time


Name: Harvest Time
Brewer: Big Boss Brewing (Raleigh, NC)
Classification: Pumpkin Ale
Alcohol: 5.5%

Thoughts: I have not had a lot of Pumpkin Ales in my life, but I can tell you that I love them. Big Boss's Harvest Time was my first Pumpkin Ale, which I tried a few years ago and deeply, madly fell in love with the flavor of it. It was on tap at the Flying Saucer in Raleigh and I wasn't going to miss my chance at this amazing seasonal brew. This beer pours a cloudy copper color with an orange glow to it. The aroma has a great spicy smell with load of clove and nutmeg to tickle the senses. Tasting this beer the first time a few years ago was an experience and it still hasn't lost it's charm. The distinguishing taste of Harvest Time was like drinking a silky smooth pumpkin pie with extra brown sugar baked into the top layer. A faint hint of alcohol and a tamed sweetness really makes this beer not feel like a dessert drink. It is such a drinkable beer and I would gladly have this over and over again. 

Rating: 86/100


No comments:

Post a Comment