Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 99: Gordon Biersch FestBier


Name: FestBier
Brewer: Gordon Biersch Brewing Co. (San Jose, CA)
Classification: Marzen
Alcohol: 5.3%

Thoughts: Today the wife and I were in Raleigh all day because I had an event at work and she was my date. So we decided to go grab some lunch during the event and we went to Village Drafthouse for a beer and some tasty foods. I searched the extensive beer menu and the first couple of beers that I wanted were out, but the waiter recommended this and he looked like a trustworthy guy. When it came out I was a little disinterested by its opaqueness, but I was jumping the gun. This light golden brown brew was topped with a delicate head. I immediately stuck my nose right in the glass and I was rocked back on my heels by the toasted malts, sweet fruit and peppercorn nose on this thing. I quickly followed it up with a few sips and garnered clean, crisp biscuity malts, earthy herbs and a lingering apple taste. It was not what I was expecting. This beer was complex and engrossing and all types of good. The month is halfway over and this is the best beer that I have had during it. I had never heard of Gordon Biersch Brewing Co. before today, but I will be looking for them in the future. 

Rating: 88/100


No comments:

Post a Comment