Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 102: Mother Pumpkin Ale


Name: Mother Pumpkin Ale
Brewer: Blue Point Brewing Company (Patchogue, NY)
Classification: Pumpkin Ale
Alcohol: 6%

Thoughts: To start off with I totally forgot to take a picture of the beer in a glass, but after 102 days I think that is the first time I forgot ... Not bad! It pours a clear copper colored brew with a 2 finger foamy white head and laced nicely. This beer smells of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, clove and pumpkin.It was very nice and a calm smell for what I have gotten used to with other pumpkin ales. Mother Pumpkin Ale had a very definitive taste as it was full of more cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, clove and pumpkin, but with an added mild biscuity malt. The mouthfeel was light to medium bodied and had a descent carbonation level. It was a highly drinkable brew, but not enough punch for me. It's definitely a worthy brew in the sense that it is very approachable - I think I'm just used to the bolder flavors.

Rating: 81/100


No comments:

Post a Comment