Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 109: Warsteiner Premium Verum



Name: Warsteiner Premium Verum
Brewer: Warsteiner Brauerei (Warstein, Germany)
Classification: German Pilsner
Alcohol: 4.8%

Thoughts: Warsteiner is a pretty big brewer, even by German standards. They make a few styles of beer, but like most German brewers they are known for one beer. In Warsteiner's case it is the German Pilsner. I picked up Warsteiner because I have only had it twice and both times were in Europe. Once in Mannheim, Germany and once in Nice, France, and both times it was delicious! I wondered how it would fare in the US. It pours a very sudsy pale gold with a head that seemed to increase with every sip, which I found unusual but appealing. The aroma was nothing special. It was just the usual biscuity malts and clean cut grass that popped up out of the gigantic foamy head. As I tasted this pilsner I noticed that it hit on all the spots on my palette. It had a slight sweetness, a little bit of tartness, a hint of bitterness and some dryness on the finish. I really think that this is a great beer to drink while you eat, because it is light, not overpowering and maintains it's quality pretty easily. Nowhere near being a great beer, but a good beer? I think so. Also, it should only be poured in a big frosty mug!

Rating: 81/100


No comments:

Post a Comment