Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day 169: Samuel Adams Winter Lager


Name: Samuel Adams Winter Lager
Brewer: Boston Beer Company (Boston, MA)
Classification: Bock
Alcohol: 5.5%

Thoughts: I never thought I would let Sam Koch have another beer on my blog, but it looks like that isn't true. Here I have Samuel Adams Winter Lager and I hope it sucks. It pours a deep brown with a pencil thin head. I detected faint hops and a fresh ginger spices in the aroma. After another waft I caught cinnamon and a sweetness resembling oranges. The taste is high on the malts, medium on the gain and sweetness, and low on the spices and hops. The mouthfeel is slick and slightly oily, but it goes down easy and smooth. I hate to say it but this is a decent beer and I kind of liked it. Merry Christmas!

Rating: 83/100


No comments:

Post a Comment