Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 172: Left Hand Milk Stout



Name: Left Hand Milk Stout
Brewer: Left Hand Brewing (Longmont, CO)
Classification: Milk Stout
Alcohol: 6%

Thoughts: I was really looking to find a good, drinkable stout that I could admit I liked it. I asked around and Left Hand's Milk Stout seemed to be the most talked about drinkable stout. I expect it to fit my criteria, but will I like it? It pours black but there was very little head even though i poured it rough to give it head. I guess this means there is very little carbonation in it. The aroma is light but there is a dose of coffee, some malts and a bittersweet chocolate smell. Because it is a stout I expected it to have a thick feel and big flavor. It surprised me in both areas. The feel was medium-bodied but still creamy. The flavor was fairly crisp for a stout with faint hints of coffee bean, roasted malts and an unsweetened chocolate milk flavor. This seems to be a good beer, but I don't know how good of a stout it is. I liked it, but true stout drinkers may find it less appealing. 

Rating: 82/100


No comments:

Post a Comment