Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day 175: Red's Rye Pale Ale



Name: Red's Rye Pale Ale
Brewer: Founder's Brewing (Grand Rapids, MI)
Classification: Rye Ale
Alcohol: 6.6%

Thoughts: I have this Founder's pint glass sitting in my cabinet that I got from a pint night a year or two ago. I thought it was about time I bought a Founder's brew and used this glass. Also, let me say that I am thankful to be having a Pale Ale this evening as I have had a bunch of Belgium and sweet beers lately and needed something new and exciting. This Rye Ale pours a dark caramel-like amber color with a wispy beige head. The aroma is hypnotic as it fills your nostrils. I got piney, floral hops and an obvious rye smell that reminded me of New York City for some reason. When drinking this beer the rye comes upfront but is quickly followed by toasted malts, sweet caramel, and a slight bitterness from the hops. The taste is really fresh and crisp. It seems like this is just a well brewed beer made with fresh ingredients. That is usually a good recipe for a great beer. 

Rating: 86/100


No comments:

Post a Comment