Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 168: Kind Beer Red Ale


Name: Belgian Red Ale
Brewer: Kind Beers Brewing (Charlotte, NC)
Classification: Belgian Pale Ale
Alcohol: 6%

Thoughts: Well it is Christmas Eve, my family has gone to Church and we are waiting for the beef tenderloin to get out of the oven. In the meantime we are watching Christmas Vacation and I am drinking a Kind Beer Belgian Red Ale. It is not a brewery I know a lot about, but it is a NC Brewing Company that brews their beer in SC. Also, it should pair well with the beef tenderloin. I drank right out of the bottle but I am assuming that this red ale pours a reddish color. Not very enlightening, I know. The aroma coming out of the bottle was lively with caramel, floral hops and bready malts. It is pretty decent and I expect it to open up a little better poured into a glass. The flavor takes the usual Belgian sweet/spicy/fruit route that I fully expected. It isn't anything overwhelming, but it went well with dinner and was fairly enjoyable. I think this beer is slightly above average, but more than worth a try. Merry Christmas!

Rating: 81/100


No comments:

Post a Comment