Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 160: Shotgun Betty


Name: Shotgun Betty
Brewer: Lonerider Brewing (Raleigh, NC)
Classification: Hefeweizen
Alcohol: 5.8%

Thoughts: I haven't had Londerider Brewing on since July I believe, but its time to bring them back on the blog. The reason is Shotgun Betty. This is easily the best beer I've had from them and I needed to share it my massive following of 8 people. I drank this right from the bottle but if I remember correctly this hefeweizen looks like a cloudy pale gold. The nose on this brew has a decent amount of clove, some banana, sweet honey and malts that creep in. The flavor is mighty sweet with more banana, some citrus, and honey. The malts bring a slight grassy flavor on the back end. There is a bit of sourness there too, but this is a crisp beer that is extremely drinkable. Sometimes hefeweizens can have too much sweetness to drink over and over, but I have always found this to be a terrific beer to drink multiples of during an outing or a game of poker as I did this evening. 

Rating: 85/100


No comments:

Post a Comment