Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 153: Leffe Blonde



Name: Leffe Blonde
Brewer: Abbaye de Leffe (Dinant, Belgium)
Classification: Belgian Pale Ale
Alcohol: 6.6%

Thoughts: I have been to France a couple of times and both times I saw Leffe Blonde heavily advertised. So much so that I began to believe it was a French beer. This is not the case as it is a Belgian beer. However, I don't know if it lives up to Belgian standards. It pours a very opaque gold with a very bubbly head. The aroma is similar to that of a witbier with banana, clove and spicy yeast present in ever whiff. However, I feel like the taste is over done, way too sweet and my lips feel like I've been eating way too much candy. The feel of this beer is a bit oily and thick. I feel like all the advertising in France was a telling sign because this beer seems very commercial. It's also just not enjoyable. 

Rating: 70/100


No comments:

Post a Comment