Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day 173: Allagash Tripel


Name: Allagash Tripel
Brewer: Allagash Brewing Co. (Portland, ME)
Classification: Tripel
Alcohol: 9%

Thoughts: Maine's Allagash Brewing Company is making a return to The Beer Year with their very own Tripel. This was my Christmas gift to myself. I really like Allagash's brews and Tripels have started to become my favorite style of beer. So, it is a natural choice that this beer is so appealing. I did pour this beer but I forgot to take a picture. It poured a gorgeous golden-orange color with a huge cream-colored head. The aroma is heavy on Belgian yeast, citrus and a peppery spice that was not as heavy but noticeable. The aroma is extremely clean and likable. The taste is very similar to the nose but with added fruity esters, lemon zest, and a decent mount of floral hops. The mouthfeel of this beer is crisp and smooth. As for a Tripel this is pretty great across the board. It is exciting, interesting and it is just damn good. 

Rating: 89/100


No comments:

Post a Comment