Friday, December 30, 2011

Day 174: Blanche de Chambly



Name: Blanche de Chambly
Brewer: Unibroue (Chambly, Quebec, Canada)
Classification: Witbier
Alcohol: 5%

Thoughts: I had La Fin Du Monde, the brew at the #1 spot on my Top 10, quite a while ago. I have been itching to try another brew from the same brewery, Unibroue, ever since. I put on my smart pants and picked up Blanche de Chambly, Unibroue's award winning Witbier. It pours a cloudy pale gold color with a late-rising head. The smell was immediate and forceful. It reeked of sweet spices and a number of fruits including grapefruit and orange. The most noticeable thing in the taste is the crispness. It bites at the tongue and ignites the palate. It could be the yeast or the spice, but either way it works. This beer seems to be a lot more intense and complex than a normal Witbier, which makes me think it is closer to a Belgian White Ale. The classification really doesn't matter because I feel that Unibroue has made another genuine and successful beer. 

Rating: 90/100

No comments:

Post a Comment