Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 166: Pranqster



Name: Pranqster
Brewer: North Coast Brewing Co. (Fort Bragg, CA)
Classification: Belgian Strong Pale Ale
Alcohol: 7.6%

Thoughts: I am not a huge fan of other people's ratings because I feel that they are a personal opinion, just like my ratings are. However, when I see that a beer is rated at a perfect score of 100, I have to see if that score is feasible. This is exactly what happened with Pranqster. It pours a hazy, extremely bubbly gold with a fat white head that laces wonderfully around the glass. The aroma is aromatic and similar to perfume. There is a trace of pepper and a hint of sweet honey. The flavor of this beer was a bit muted compared to what I was expecting. It is a fantastic taste, let that be known. However, I was really expecting this beer to blow me out of the water. There is some mild sweetness from the malts, fruitiness from the hops and a peppery alcoholic finish. This is a must have beer and one of the best I have had on this blog, but in no way is it perfect. I'm sorry, it just isn't. 

Rating: 89/100


No comments:

Post a Comment