Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day 164: Blue Point Toasted Lager



Name: Toasted Lager
Brewer: Blue Point Brewing Co. (Patchogue, NY)
Classification: Vienna Lager
Alcohol: 5.3%

Thoughts: Blue Point holds a special place in my heart since it is brewed on Long Island, which is where I was born. I have never ben to their brewery, but I have been to Patchogue, which is the town on Long Island that they are located. I think that basically means I've been in their brewery. Anyways, something you should keep in mind is that this is the first time I have Toasted Lager in bottle form. There were some differences. The pour was an opaque caramel color with Christmas Lights it. Up top sat a buttload of foamy head. The aroma is obviously thick on the toasted malts, but roasted malts, a stingy sweetness, and a dab of bitterness could also be smelled. The taste however, was not the usual Toasted Lager I was used to. It held its own on a toasted malt level but everything else was subpar. It wasn't bad, just not what I remember. I do recommend it though. Definitely a good example of a Vienna Lager. 

Rating: 81/100


No comments:

Post a Comment