Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day 162: Sierra Nevada Celebration


Name: Celebration
Brewer: Sierra Nevada Brewing (Chico, CA)
Classification: American IPA
Alcohol: 6.8%

Thoughts: I have been seeing this beer all over the place lately and even though I had a Sierra Nevada brew not too long ago I felt I needed to at least try it. That's the Ol' Ball & Chain holding my beer by the way. She has been my biggest supporter in this odd adventure and I just wanted to take a moment and thank her everything she does for me beer-wise and life-wise. Back to the beer. As you can see in the picture it pours a very pretty reddish amber with a thin bright white head. As soon as the beer was placed on my table the smell hit my nostrils. It had a "Holiday" scent to it with some spice, toasted grain and fully herbal. The taste is different from most IPAs I've had. It has a sharp citric acid taste with minty, piney hops and a creamy alcoholic finish. The taste is unbalanced as their seems to be more malt than hops in this IPA, but the malts aren't overpowering. The yeast is where it's at. It really sets this beer apart from other Holiday brews. I really suggest this with your Christmas Eve ham or your Christmas Night beef tenderloin. 

Rating: 86/100

No comments:

Post a Comment