Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 165: Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA



Name: 90 Minute Imperial IPA
Brewer: Dogfish Head Craft Brewery (Milton, DE)
Classification: Imperial IPA
Alcohol: 9%

Thoughts: Since 60 Minute IPA was just knocked off the Top 10 list, I thought I should move onto 90 Minute Imperial IPA. This beer has been on my radar for a while and when I was buying the Delirium Tremens I thought I would just keep going on the spending front, so I put it in my basket. It pours a medium-to-dark amber color with an off white head that reeked a wonderful aroma. There was lots of hops, lots a sweet malt, some grapefruit, and even some pineapple to boot. The smell just sets the table for the taste. It's like the opening band to a bigger, more badass band. This tastes like a well-aged Imperial IPA. It is blended and smooth in flavor, with a touch of alcohol and a mouthfeel on the verge of syrup. All of the flavors (barley, leather, earthy hops, and grass) mingle in the mouth. There were aftertastes of bran muffin and molasses, which went well with the dry-hopped feel. The band playing in this show is on the level of Radiohead or Arcade Fire. Exciting, fun and sophisticated altogether. Great, great beer!

Rating: 91/100

No comments:

Post a Comment