Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 154: Narragansett Lager


Name: Narragansett Lager
Brewer: Narragansett Brewing Co. (Providence, RI)
Classification: American Adjunct Lager
Alcohol: 5.1%

Thoughts: Cans are apparently in the middle of a comeback. So are cassettes, mullets, and bell-bottom jeans. I am not a huge "Can Fan" because I think beer develops better in bottles or kegs. However, there is some breweries that only do cans and these breweries have mastered it about as best as it can be mastered. Narragansett is one of these breweries. I drank this one straight out of the can so I don't know what it looks like, but I can make some assumptions since it is an adjunct lager. The smell reminds me of buttered toast with a hint of floral hops on the back burner. The taste is pretty solid for an adjunct lager. Other examples of adjunct's are Budweiser, PBR, and Corona. This one is much better than all of these. It is crisp, malty and a bit of sweetness to add something extra to the flavor. I have never spent this much on a can of beer, and maybe never will again. However, this juice was worth the squeeze. 

Rating: 83/100


No comments:

Post a Comment