Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 74: Big A IPA



Name: Big A IPA
Brewer: Smuttynose Brewing Co. (Portsmouth, NH)
Classification: Imperial IPA
Alcohol: 9.7%

Thoughts: I knew this was going to happen at some point. I knew that it would be a problem eventually. I don't feel like writing my blog tonight. My hope was that this would happen on a night when the beer I had was crappy and I could crack a joke about how bad it tastes. But it happened on a night when the beer was really freakin' good. Big A IPA is Smuttynose's Oak Aged Imperial IPA, which means there is so much flavor and complexity to this thing that I would have to write a novel to get it all in. So instead I am simply going to say this, "It is a superbly crafted drink that should be tried by all beer lovers. Try it and let me know what you think of it." 

Rating: 86/100



No comments:

Post a Comment