Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 65: Peak Organic Amber Ale


Name: Peak Organic Amber Ale
Brewer: Peak Organic Brewing Co. (Portland, ME)
Classification: Amber Ale
Alcohol: 5%

Thoughts: A lot goes into the pour of a beer. Especially from a bottle. My technique involves pouring it straight in to build a little head. Then I tilt the glass and pour the beer down the side of the glass until the head gets to the edge of the glass. I top it off with what ever is left in the bottle. It is not fool proof, but it works for me. I, of course, tried that today and the result is below. That was after a little pour so I decided to drink the rest out of the bottle. This means I cannot honestly tell you how this pours, but it is an Amber Ale, so one can only assume. The alcohol in this beer shot out of the bottle like a crackhead on meth being chased by cops. It left me a little dazed and I had to recheck how much alcohol was in the beer. The taste wasn't much different. I had to hold it in the back of my mouth until I had the balls to swallow it. Once I did I tasted a hint of biscuity malt and some bitter hops. The finish was better then the initial taste, which is unusual for a brew. However, this was not a beer for me. Maybe somebody else would have liked this beer, but not me. But if you have a pouring technique for this beer please let me know. 

Rating: 69/100





No comments:

Post a Comment