Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 75: Sky Blue Golden Ale



Name: Sky Blue Golden Ale
Brewer: Carolina Brewery (Pittsboro/Chapel Hill, NC)
Classification: Kolsch
Alcohol: 5.1%

Thoughts: I went to go see one of my favorite bands, Wild Beasts, at my favorite venue, Cat's Cradle, in Chapel Hill. I knew going to the concert that Cat's Cradle serves Carolina Brewery beers on tap and I would get to try some of them. Unfortunately I did not take a picture of the beer so you will have to just trust me. Of the four the had on tap I tried three. The first one I tried was their Kolsch, Sky Blue (North Carolina may have more breweries making Kolsch than the rest of the US put together). It poured a translucent yellow gold with the basic soft, white head. The aroma consisted of a tangy twist from the yeast with hints of lemon and maybe banana. It was a good smell, but it was better than the taste. The malts tasted pale and slightly bland. The hops mild, but could have been stronger, and the fruitiness I expect in a Kolsch was non-existent. This brew was decent, but I moved on to other, better Carolina Brewery brews in hopes that I would fine one more suitable to my dancing maneuvers. 

Rating: 75/100


No comments:

Post a Comment