Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 80: Stone Pale Ale



Name: Stone Pale Ale
Brewer: Stone Brewing Co. (Escondido, CA)
Classification: American Pale Ale
Alcohol: 5.4%

Thoughts: Do not mess with Stone Brewing! They have freaking gargoyles on their bottles. I don't know if gargoyles are as creepy to anybody else but anything that is meant to scare evil spirits away has to be a bit scary. But then again I guess this is a beer gargoyle that scares away the evil Budweiser spirits. And with their Pale Ale, it has done the job because there are no evil beer spirits around these parts. This not-so-Pale Ale pours a faint coppery orange color with a luxurious tan head. The nose on this brew had notes of wood, an obvious odor of caramel and a whiff of ripe citrus. With a Pale Ale you expect a certain amount of bitterness and sweetness. Stone Pale Ale had less bitterness and more sweetness then I thought it would. It seemed to transition from taste to taste in your mouth on your tongue and down your throat. It has a very clean finish that reminded me of crusty Italian bread. I really liked this beer, but I know for a fact that Stone has some more tricks up their sleeve and I can't wait to see them.

Rating: 86/100


No comments:

Post a Comment