Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Day 73: Stoudt's Gold Lager



Name: Stoudt's Gold Lager
Brewer: Stoudt's Brewing Co. (Adamstown, PA)
Classification: Munich Helles Lager
Alcohol: 4.7%

Thoughts: Let's be frank here. I know everything! I mean it, everything. So when it comes to beers, or movies, or music, awards mean shit to me because the real award is having my blessing. So when I see a beer that has won tons of medals and blue ribbons (PBR) I usually don't believe it until I try it and sanction these awards as legitimate in my eyes. Well, Stoudt's Gold Lager has won just about everything including Little Miss Arkansas three years running! And I'm here to knock it down a peg or two. Into the glass I poured this pale golden nectar of the Beer Gods. There was little to no head, but the aroma was like being in a French Bakery. The smell of fresh, yeasty bread tickled my fancy like Charlie Sheen in an opium den. The taste fixed itself to my palate and I enjoyed the sugary-sweet, hoppy forefront supplemented by the bubbly full-flavored backend. This beer was outrageously well crafted. Doc Brown would have been proud of this invention. Blue Ribbons, Gold Medals, Oscars, Blessings and Trophy Wives all around for Stoudt's Gold Lager!

Rating: 88/100


No comments:

Post a Comment