Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 76: Copperline Amber Ale


Name: Copperline Amber Ale
Brewer: Carolina Brewery (Pittsboro/Chapel Hill, NC)
Classification: Amber Ale
Alcohol: 3.9%

Thoughts: This was the second offering from Carolina Brewery that I had at Cat's Cradle. And while you may say, "But Kyle, you had these on the same night how can you possible review them for separate days?" I will respond, "It's called magic! Now get off my back about it!" This is not my picture of Copperline Amber Ale above, it is from Google, but rest assured it is what Copperline Amber Ale looks like. It has that caramelized reddish amber color that you get with 99.9% of all Amber Ales. The smell was fervently fermented with a nice level of alcohol mixed in with the toffee and grapefruit notes. The taste has an upfront sweetness about it like meeting a beauty pageant contestant, but the backside of this beer had a little bitchy (spicy, hoppy) edge to it. This was a little different than most of the Amber Ales I have reviewed recently. This is a good beer, and one I would drink again. It allowed the correct amount of hip movement, foot tapping and off-key singing I needed to enjoy the concert.

Rating: 81/100


No comments:

Post a Comment