Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 54: Wolaver's Pale Ale



Name: Wolaver's Pale Ale
Brewer: Wolaver's (Middlebury, VT)
Classification: Pale Ale
Alcohol: 5.8% 

Thoughts: I live in Durham, NC, if you haven't figured it out by now. The people of Durham are very into buying and suppling local, organic foods to eat. There are a number of farms on the outskirts of Durham and we have an amazing Farmer's Market on Saturday's. I have started to "drink the Kool-Aid" and have become a huge fan of local and organic foods. With this said, this is the first organic beer I have ever had. This Wolaver's Pale Ale has a similar hazy amber color that reminds me of apple cider. The smell is grainy, malty and earthy, but very subdued. If I judged this beer on its first sip only, it would have been given a failing grade. However, as my "blog motto" goes, "... it is better to be sure and drink the whole thing." So, I did. A few more creamy sips brought me a nice malty taste, bitterness and some hints of apple. This beer did not wow me in any way, but it did taste and feel clean and fresh. I truly hope this is because it is an organic beer. I hope to try some more organic beers, especially from a company that specializes in organic brew. 

Rating: 77/100

No comments:

Post a Comment