Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 64: Palm Amber


Name: Palm Amber
Brewer: Brouwerij Palm NV (Steenhuffel, Belgium)
Classification: Belgian Pale Ale
Alcohol: 5.4%

Thoughts: Laura (the wife) and I did our usual weekend thing by grabbing lunch and a brewski at Tyler's. It has become are favorite place to eat cause we can sit outside, drink good beer and eat good food. I was looking through their leather-bound beer menu and Palm Amber was what I ended up ordering. It came to me in this great snifter glass. It poured a solid amber color with a thin yet highly carbonated head. The smell was a combination of herbs, dark fruits and biscuity malts. It was pretty similar to a lot of Belgian Pale Ales. The taste was extremely balanced and drinkable to the last drop. The dryness of the malts was the most obvious of the things I noticed. However there was some undertones of pepper and lemon peel. I didn't really know much about this beer before I drank it and I really didn't learn much after I drank it. It was a good beer and I would drink it again, but nothing about   intrigued me. Then I found out that it is a mass produced Belgium beer and that was all I needed to know. 

Rating: 80/100


No comments:

Post a Comment