Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 42: O'Hara's Irish Pale Ale



Name: O'Hara's Irish Pale Ale
Brewer: Carlow Brewing Co. (County Carlow, Ireland)
Classification: American Pale Ale
Alcohol: 5.2%

Thoughts: This brew was brought to me from Ireland by my Parents on the recommendation of my Irish cousins. They actually brought me two other beers for this brewery which will be consumed in the next couple of days. I had to look up some info about this brewery, but what I found out is they are one of Ireland's most celebrated craft breweries. The first of the three beers I was brought back was the O'Hara's Irish Pale Ale, which is really an APA style beer. Also, I busted out my big pint glasses because the Irish do it right and make big bottles. This Irish Pale Ale pours a dark gold with a light, fluffy head. The smell was blatantly sour with flowery hints. The taste is dry and bitter with orange undertones. That may not sound that great, but it tasted like a true Pale Ale. Usually Pale Ales are a six-pack beer, which means you can drink a bunch of it at a time. However, I feel this one is a nice sipper and it got better as it warmed. Ireland is the home of my ancestors and some of my family still lives there. And I am excited to see that Guinness is not the only great brewery. I look forward to seeing what else Ireland has up their sleeve. 

Rating: 83/100

2 comments:

  1. no one mentioned what great parents you have for bringing back the beer all the way from the homeland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty sure it says that in the first sentence.

    ReplyDelete