Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day 210: Peacemaker Pale Ale



Name: Peacemaker Pale Ale
Brewer: Lonerider Brewery (Raleigh, NC)
Classification: American Pale Ale 
Alcohol: 5.7%

Thoughts: If I haven't said it before I love the Triangle. I love it for its restaurants, its culture, and of course ... the beer! Lonerider is one of the reasons why the beer around here is so great. They have many wonderful beers and I am a huge fan of their Pale Ale, Peacemaker. First off, this beer is fantastic for a Pale Ale. It pours a nice hazy copper color and has a decent-sized, white head. The smell is fairly strong with floral hops and caramel malt. The flavor has a pleasant tip-of-the-tongue bite and creamy, full feeling. The whole bitter hop thing lingers and it never really moves to sugary malt, which I welcome. You get a lot of earthy, floral malt up front without the heavy malt back end. The lack of sweetness makes the body seem pretty manageable. I’d definitely have a couple.

Rating: 86/100


No comments:

Post a Comment