Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 214: Terrapin Rye Pale Ale



Name: Rye Pale Ale
Brewer: Terrapin Beer Company (Athens, GA)
Classification: American Pale Ale
Alcohol: 5.3%

Thoughts: I feel like I've had a lot of Pale Ales on The Beer Year in the past week or so, but they have each been a little bit different. This one is a Rye Pale Ale, hence he name "Rye Pale Ale". I know I just blew your mind with that piece of trivia. This Pale Ale made with Rye pours a solid copper color with an average head. The smell on this RPA is very tempting. There are notes of grass, citrus and rye tht draw you in and set the table for the taste. After a few sips you get the intent of this beer. This beer was made simply to be different than other Pale Ales that Terrapin already has. In the process they made a beer that was not only different from their arsenal, but from most aresenals. The taste is full of pale rye, dry malts and bitter hops. It creates a very clean, smooth, but great taste. I may have spoken more highly about this beer than the rating will show, but I've been drinking. 

Rating: 84/100


No comments:

Post a Comment