Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 231: Lips of Faith - Biere De Mars



Name: Biere De Mars
Brewer: New Belgium Brewing (Fort Collins, CO)
Classification: Biere de Garde
Alcohol: 6.2%

Thoughts: I have really started to appreciate New Belgium Brewing, because I realize that they are more than Fat Tire and deeper than there year-round brews. They have their Lips of Faith Series of experimental beers that may or may not hit the mark. When I was at the store there were some new ones that I had never seen before including this Biere De Mars. It is a Biere de Garde style beer, which is a beer I know nothing about. So, I looked it up and these are the characteristics. The color is supposed to be deep golden to copper with an average white head. The aroma is categorized as earthy, with cellar-like musk and hoppy. The flavor should be sweet, malty, and a bit of spice with some hoppy bitterness. Well, I'm here to tell you that this is pretty much what this Biere De Mars was like. It was like a mix of a Saison and a Pale Ale. It wasn't the ingenuity I was looking for, but it was enjoyable and something new. 

Rating: 83/100


No comments:

Post a Comment