Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 229: Green Man IPA


Name: Green Man IPA
Brewer: Green Man Ales (Asheville, NC)
Classification: English IPA
Alcohol: 6%

Thoughts: I was in the mood to drink some new beers that I've never had and from breweries I've never had beers from before. The best place to do this in Raleigh after work is The Flying Saucer. The have 200 beers on tap and another couple hundred in bottles. Its a great place to accomplish my mission. The first beer I got was Green Man IPA which is from Green Man Ales in Asheville. It poured a copper color with a foamy head. The aroma was what sold me on t his beer as I had asked for a couple of samples to choose between. It had a nutty, woody, earthy, malty smell that was a bit "old world", but really fresh. It was great to say the least. The flavor has heavy herbal hops, which is nicely balanced with nutty malt flavors. The long dry finish has just the right amount of lingering bitterness to inspire another drink. A very nice example of the British IPA style that shows that all IPAs don't need to be hop bombs to be outstanding. This brew deserves some attention.

Rating: 85/100


No comments:

Post a Comment