Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 218: Weeping Willow Wit



Name: Weeping Willow Wit
Brewer: Mother Earth Brewing (Kinston, NC)
Classification: Witbier
Alcohol:  5%

Thoughts: I really don't have an amazing story or evening a normal, boring story with Weeping Willow. I have been wanting to try it as I am a fan of Mother Earth Brewing. So I'll dive right into the review. The pour is a hazy light yellow/straw color with just a small white head. It starts off with a very bright citrus and citrus peel aroma. There is a lot of wheat and some light spices, which is pretty much how I like my witbiers. It’s not very fruity, which is sort of surprising. And of course, there’s a bit of yeast. The flavor is also not very fruity, which you don’t normally expect for a witbier, but I think it’s great. It is light on the citrus with only mild spices. Lots of wheat bread and sweet malts with a touch of yeast. The feel of this beer is light to medium bodied with medium carbonation. It is very light and refreshing and had very nice aromas and flavors. One of the better witbiers I’ve had.

Rating: 85/100


No comments:

Post a Comment